Thursday, February 11, 2010

The (Almost) Finished Exterior and Kitchen Remodel

My friend and former neighbor Rachel, (not to be confused with my Rachel, although they are both named Rachel Marie... but I digress) asked me to update my blog with new pictures, and I realized that it has been a long time since I have done so. Anyway, I just finished taking a digital SLR photography class so I thought taking some photos of the remodel in manual with natural light would not only update my blog, but would give me some practice as well. The remodel I'm happy with - the pictures, well, I have some more work to do there! Anyway, the above photo is the exterior - I am shooting into the sun, but you get the idea. We plan to make the porch bigger and have columns with stone built around the bottom of them when the weather is warmer and the snow melts - which at this rate will be July!


Here is a shot of my island - we had the floors refinished and they are now natural instead of stained.

I love this stove. It just makes everything taste better. The white you see next to the vent hood is an area that still needs to be painted. We know it's there, but we keep forgetting about it. Now that I've blogged about it maybe we will remember!

The refrigerator is in the middle, and to the left is the microwave/convection oven. I haven't used the convection oven yet, but I will, and I will get back to you on that!


I shot the two photos of the kitchen at the top of this post a little later in the day than the rest of them, and you can really see what a difference the light makes!

This pantry is glorious. It's only a foot deep, so I can see everything in it.

We still have to have the trim work done. As you can see the new windows are all white, and the trim work around the door frames and the baseboard are still oak. Hopefully it won't be long until that project is underway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

Julie