I'm still not very adept at this blogging thing. Stop reading here and scroll down to the bottom of the post and read up for the right chronology.

After dinner and cake I opened presents from Mom and Ginger (which I love but didn't take a picture of) and then opened my gifts from Lindsay and Rachel. They bought me 3 great books about my puppy and lots of stuff for the puppy. Tim's gift to me was the puppy... and I really wasn't expecting anything else...
We stopped at my favorite pizza place (of course!) and picked up pizza on the way home (it's a half hour away so we don't get it very often!) from seeing the puppies. After we ate dinner Rachel had a job interview she had to go to, and then when she came home we had this yummy ice cream cake on which Tim had them put a picture of a chocolate lab puppy!
After my lunch Tim, Lindsay, Rachel and I got in the car and drove an hour and a half to see this...! One of these beautiful little girls is mine, but I don't know which one yet. Someone else got the first pick so I will get whichever one they don't choose. Rachel said she thought it was probably a good thing that someone else has to choose which one they want instead of me - how would I ever choose? The puppies were born May 7th so they were 2 weeks and 4 days old yesterday. She can't come home until she is 7 weeks, so we pick her up on June 25th! The other people have to pick the
one they want in another week or so - we are planning to go up there in two weeks to see which one will be ours. Whichever one we get will be named Chloe! The puppies aren't walking yet - they do a sort of army crawl to get around - but they will be walking when we go back in two weeks. The two black puppies are littermates. The litter was comprised of three black girls, two chocolate girls, and one chocolate boy.
Paula and Julie took me to lunch - I need to find some older and less attractive friends!! Thank you, Paula and Julie! : )
And then Rachel got up and asked what she could do for me - so I set her right to work unloading and loading the dishwasher! While she was downstairs a nice man came to the door with these from Lisa
and Kyle!
Yesterday, my 50th birthday was great from start to finish! Lindsay woke me up and gave me these....

1 comment:
Karen!! I did not know that it was your big birthday!! Happy birthday and looks like it was a great one!!! Glad to hear things are going well. We are excited to start the summer- kids are finished with school. Baby is coming next Thursday! love, Rachel
Post a Comment